Saturday, January 24, 2009

Spies Like Us or better known as oooh baby I like it raw

Spies Like Us was a classic terrible 1980s comedy and the only relation it has to this post is this picture:



The awesome hat in the pic came from my buddy Aras at Tundra Gear and I encourage all of you in need of a Russian style winter hat to place an order.



Seriously, because nothing screams serious like a pic of ODB and a title to a blog post referencing him and an 80s movie! I am starting a new adventure this weekend as I have been drawn into a 7 days without processed food with some acquaintances over at the Spokane Food Blog. I am feeling good about the competition the hardest part will be at work, but I feel confident I can make it through the week. Namely due to the fact that my fridge is stock with fresh organic apples and pears from the family's organic farm. I will have to hold off on drinking the cider for a week tho. I also had help from Aras who I have been chatting with about going to raw foods anyways. Having been a lover of many things processed for a long time this will be quite a transition, but I am going to use the 7 on 7 challenge as we are calling the competition on Spokane Food Blog as a launching point for my transition into raw foods. If anybody has thoughts or suggestions let me know I am looking for any and all recipes and ideas and have my food processor and blender fine tuned and ready to roll.

This is a big change but one I think is necessary, I recently did an experiment where I ate almost entirely unprocessed foods for a work week and I felt great, then I used the three day weekend to eat "normal." By the end of that weekend I felt meh for lack of a better word and right then and there decided to make a change.

I will be sure to post how this week goes as often as I can although it is shaping up to be a busy week

1 comment:

  1. I came across a recipe for Raw lasagna last night and thought of you. I'll get it to you this week. The recipe makes 16 servings so you may be eating it for awhile.

    ReplyDelete