Friday, January 29, 2010

A Cleanse, Oh My!

So back in December a coworker mentioned in passing the idea of doing a body detox cleanse to start of the New Year. We decided to do the master cleanse which is a 3 day ease in that has you shift from live foods to smoothies to orange juice before going on a 14 day or longer detox where the only thing you consume is what they call the lemonade. The lemonade consists of 10oz of water, 2 oz of grade b maple syrup, 2 oz of freshly squeezed lemon juice, and a sprinkling of cayenne pepper. You need to drink at least 60 oz of this a day along with a lot of water. The first few days where the hardest as my body expelled all the toxins that hate built up. On day 3 I was really craving things, a bacon double cheeseburger was really sounding good. However, after that majority of the toxins got out I had an amazing week. My energy has been through the rood, my attitude is much improved, and my skins, eyes etc. all look way healthier. I did the whole 14 days, the toughest part was the last day and a half where I was just ready to be done. RIght now, I am on day one of the 3 day ease out and am looking forward to eating food again starting Sunday with the life foods day.

I am changing my diet based on this experience, the days of a diet heavy in processed foods are gone and a diet rich in organics especially plants is in its place. I have no idea on how much weight I have lost, people have commented that I look a lot fitter.

Overall this was a fun challenge and one I do not regret doing, although I can say I have my doubts that I will ever be able to truly enjoy maple syrup again. I am not craving the things I used to crave (delivery pizza, etc) but have been craving beans and fresh fruit and am eager to eat those again.

No comments:

Post a Comment